Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Photo quickie


Stephanie (most recently from Bend!) and I with a tuna we purchased for 180 Dalasi, or 7 Dollars!


Jon (from PDX), his handelbar mustache, and a wrap skirt celebrating St. Patty's day.


Mark (from Iowa) to my left and Brian (from New Hampsure) below me. More St. Patty's fun.


This is an RCH Clinic (Reproductive and Child Heath) I sit at the bench you see here and help Andrea (from Maine), my sitemate, out with these events every two weeks. All the women dress up in their best compolets (or outfits). Here the babies 1.) get weighed 2.) get shots like Polio, DPT, and supplements like Vitamin A. She speaks Mandinka, and I speak Puular - so between the both of us we can ask questions like: When was your baby born, what is your husbands name, what village are you from, where is your ID card..... becasue no one speaks English here!


Yay for SOLAR power! Here you see my back door and my I-Pod charging off of the sun.... THANK YOU KELLY!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yea! We're so excited that you got our package (we're assuming from the ipod charger)!! When we sealed the package we yelled into it "We love you Kristina!" Did you hear it? :)

sarah said...

oh YAY! Did you get your box?!

And yes, we really did yell into the box before closing it up quickly so our message of love wouldn't escape! I hope you heard it loud and clear! :)

love and miss!!!
xo.